Our team would be delighted to hear from you so should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Below is a list of the common frequently asked questions that we receive.
- Q: Can I stay for an extended period?
- You can stay in one of the lodges for up to 4 weeks
- Q: How many people do your lodges cater for?
- We have 3 two bedroom lodges that accommodate up to 4 people or 2 one bedroom lodges that are best suited to a couple. It is possible to accommodate further people with the benefit of additional beds. Please contact our team to confirm whether there is room for additional people in your lodge
- Q: What are your arrival & departure times?
- Check out is 10:30am on the day of departure with check in at 3:30pm although we are flexible
- Q: Is linen included
- We include all linen and towels
- Q: Is smoking permitted?
- Smoking is permitted on the veranda but not inside the lodge
- Q: How near are you to towns of interest?
- Please see our list of things to do here
- Q: Can I amend my booking?
- Yes, please contact us and we will assist you
- Q: Do your lodges have Wi-Fi?
- Yes, our lodges benefit from satellite broadband
- Q: How can I book my holiday?
- You can contact our friendly team or book online here
- Q: What facilities are there on site?
- The five hundred acre site benefits from wonderful walks and a stunning 2 acre lake which is stocked with Carp and Rudd
- Q: Do all lodges have a hot tub?
- Q: Where are you located?
- Wakes Hall Farm is located in Wakes Colne, a village in the Colne Valley adjacent to Chappel where it shares Post Office, Pub and Chappel Viaduct consisting of 32 arches spanning a length of approximately 1,136 feet providing the railway line which links trains from London Liverpool Street via Marks Tey to Sudbury
- Q: Do you have a brochure?
- Please contact us if you would like a brochure
- Q: What is the shortest break you offer?
- 3 days
- Q: Can I make a group booking?
- We do welcome group bookings
- Q: Do you accept hen party’s or stag dos?
- We do accept groups looking for a quiet hen party or stag do. However, we must stress that our lodges are extremely quiet and we would ask any guests that make excessive noise or exhibit disruptive behaviour to leave
- Q: Do you provide for guests with accessibility needs?
- Yes, all of our lodge doorways and pathways are wheelchair Please view our Access Statement for more info
- Q: What happens if I have to cancel my holiday?
- Contact our team and we will help
- Q: Can I hire a cot & high chair?
- We will make available cots and high chairs. Please let our friendly team know in advance of your stay
- Q: Do the lodges have a barbeque?
- Yes they all have a BBQ
- Q: Can we have friends to visit us during our stay?
- Q: Can I book my next holiday before I leave?
- Yes, please contact our friendly team
- Q: Do you accept dogs?
- We accept well-behaved dogs
- Q: What if there is a power cut?
- The lodges can run off grid thank to the Deutz Canopied Silent Generator with automatic start providing 80 KW of power. This will provide a full power back up should there be a mains power failure.
FAQ’s regarding the fishing
Lakeside Lodges in North Essex
Experience stunning, lakeside lodge accommodation in the heart of the beautiful Suffolk and Essex border. Wakes Hall Lodges are nestled in 500 acres of secluded private land. The site boasts a stunning lake which is perfect for birdwatchers and nature lovers. The fishing lake is stocked with Carp and Rudd. The glistening waters are a playground for wildlife. Should you be lucky you may even catch a glimpse of a kingfisher.
Watch the sunset over the lake from your lakeside holiday lodge and see the moon reflected in the dappled water. It is hard not to be wowed with a drink in your hand on your own private veranda overlooking the water and if you fancy a dip you can soothe and massage your muscles in your own bubbling hot tub. Our lodges are recently built and provide the best quality furnishings including super king size beds and sofas you’ll want to curl up in. All this and on your doorstep you are rewarded with the tranquil peace of nature.
- Q: How big is the lake and what fish are in it?
- The lake is two acres in size and is stocked with Carp and Rudd